The physical and mental well-being of workers is of huge concern, and the effects of stress are not only damaging to employee productivity but on a more startling level can have grave consequences.
Physical symptoms of stress can range from sleeplessness, irritability and panic attacks to heart disease and dangerously high blood pressure.
Mental health issues can range from high levels of anxiety and depression to incidence of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Stress directly impacts upon mental and physical health, and it is vital that workers are made aware of the risks.
1 in 5 people suffer from work-related stress and a recent study by mental health organisation MIND found that 1 in 11 British workers have been to see their GP for rising stress and anxiety levels linked to the current economic strains, and prescription of anti-depressants has rocketed in recent years.
This course is designed to provide individuals and organisations with the tools to identify the signs of stress and manage stress effectively. It offers strategies for reducing and avoiding stress in the workplace and will enable participants to make a sound investment in their lives and the lives of their employees.
By the end of the session participants will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of stress in themselves and colleagues
- Identify the causes of stress
- Develop a number of strategies to manage stress effectively
- Avoid stress where possible.
This course also covers the legal responsibilities of stress management at work, risk assessments and control of stress.
Participants will be able to clearly link reduction in stress in the work place with:
- Increase in staff performance and productivity
- An increase in customer satisfaction
- Financial gains due to lower levels of staff absenteeism
- Greater workplace satisfaction and morale
- Greater staff communication and relationships, minimising the risk of problems “snowballing”
- Reduction in staff turnover
- A greater sense of “team support”
- Fewer accidents and human errors
- Improvements in organisation and business reputation
Course suitable for: All staff and volunteers, whole organisations and teams.
Those who support staff and HR or staff development role.
Trustees, directors and managers who are committed to improving the quality of life and performance of all personnel.
Course runs from 9.30am- 3.30pm
Interested in this course? Great! Please contact us