With the increased emphasis on delivering under contract and a commitment by the statutory sector to work more closely with the voluntary and community sector it is essential that Third Sector organisations prioritise this role and have the skills and expertise to engage as equal partners.
This course builds on the extensive knowledge of Empower working with both sectors to promote effective joint working through Compact and negotiating service level agreements.
This course provides you with the tools you need to come to the table with a clear objective and achieving your aims.
- Understanding the public sector culture
- Requirements of the public sector to engage the Third Sector through Compact
- Understanding Compact / Voluntary Sector Support Scheme and how it can support your case
- Working within a strategic framework
- Engaging in effective consultation
- Planning service delivery
- Delivering services in partnership with or on behalf of the statutory sector
- Negotiating a Service Level Agreement
- Ensuring that engagement is open and accountable
- Reviewing partnerships to ensure they are effective
- Participating fully in meetings
Course suitable for
- Any individual or organisation that has a remit to engage with the statutory sector
- Statutory sector representatives seeking to understand how best to engage with the voluntary and community sector
- Any organisation who currently deliver public services under contract or who are intending to
- Any individual or organisation seeking to make the most of engagement with the statutory sector
One day course: 9.30am – 3.30pm
Interested in this course? Great! Contact us