This one day course provides participants with all the skills they need to participate in meetings and organisational activities confidently and competently.
It takes delegates through all the key roles required by most committees or boards and gives an introduction into the key tasks of each.
The course includes:
- Participating at meetings. Preparing for meetings
- Taking minutes – recording key actions
- Chairing meetings
- Dealing with meeting difficulties
- Organisation structures – how to use subgroups and forums to get things done
- Making sure meetings are welcoming and accessible
- Monitoring progress – how to evaluate your organisation and measure your performance
- Being open and accountable – how to manage a membership and vote in Officers
- Policies and procedures – Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, writing a constitution, developing a Code of Conduct
- The role of the chair, treasurer and secretary
- Data protection
- Policies and procedures
This is a one day course and through participation in it students will develop the knowledge and information to produce their own member’s handbook.
The course comes with valuable tips and examples of how to approach each task.
Course material also provides a brief introduction into different organisational structures and provides model constitutions, standing orders / code of conduct and voting procedures.
Course suitable for:
Anyone working with a voluntary or community group or wanting to do so.
Any groups wanting to review the way they work and make their organisation more effective.
One day course: 9.30am – 3.30pm
Interested in this course? Great! Contact us